|“Healthcare facilities managers are responsible for billions of dollars in public assets. Having certified professionals in this field significantly improves the odds that these assets will be managed effectively, safely, and with economic responsibility. ”
The CCHFM is the first certification program developed by CHES and is intended to ensure that Canadian healthcare facilities are managed by competent individuals. The certification examination is designed to test a well-defined body of knowledge, representative of professional practice in the discipline of healthcare facilities management. Successful completion of a certification examination is an indicator of broad-based knowledge in this field.
The CCHFM Examination is based on five (5) core areas of competency:
- Code and Standards Compliance
- Planning, Design, and Construction
- Maintenance and Operations
- Finance Management
What is Healthcare Facilities Management?
Healthcare Facilities Management integrates the principles of planning, operations and business management with the engineering and medical services to create and preserve a safe and effective healthcare environment.
Why obtain this certificate?
- Recognition as an elite professional in the healthcare industry
- Create a national standard
- Healthcare Facility Manager assessment tool
- Peers realize you know what you are talking about
- Institute a feeling of pride
- Create opportunities for career advancement
- Encourage continued personal and professional growth
- Independent body verifies your qualifications
What is involved in getting the CCHFM certification?
- Apply to be accepted for the program and pay the certification fee
- Download and study the Certification Handbook
- Self assessment exam can be purchased to test knowledge prior to applying
- Take the SAQ Demo before purchasing
- Exam must be taken within 3 months of application
- Application must be received at least 30 days in advance of the exam date to be eligible.
- Exam offered at select testing centres across the country beginning December 2015
- Certification is valid for 3 years and may be renewed by re-examination or the completion of 45 contact hours of eligible continuing professional education