Building member expertise in Canadian Healthcare Engineering
Excellence in the patient-care focused environment through education, innovation and partnerships.
We value: Knowledge, Collaboration, Respect, Accountability
CODE OF ETHICS
As a member of the healthcare institution or hospital, and also a member of the Canadian Healthcare Engineering Society, I pledge
- To practice the art and science of engineering as required in hospital and healthcare institutions, to the best of my abilities;
- To maintain integrity and empathy in my professional practice at hospital or healthcare institutions;
- To strive for objectivity of judgment in such matters of confidentiality and conflict of interest;
- To maintain a high standard of personal competence through continuing education and ongoing critical evaluation by my peers;
- To work co-operatively with colleagues, other professionals and lay persons;
- To protect members of the society against the unethical or incompetent behaviour of colleagues or other fellow healthcare professionals;
- To abide by all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and standard practices to safeguard the hospital of science engineering in the protection of staff, patients, and visitors within the environment;
- To promote excellence in the hospital engineering profession;
- To support others in pursuit of hospital engineering goals;
- To support the training and education of future members of the society;
- To support the advancement and dissemination of hospital health science engineering as well as allocated knowledge and skills;
- To involve myself in the activities that promote a vital and progressive society.
We are a non-profit voluntary society promoting improved planning, design, operation and management of hospital technical services systems.