Dear CHES Members,
CHES is seeking an ‘Expressions of Interest’ from our Corporate/Associate members for 3 members to sit on the Corporate Member Advisory Council. This Advisory Council reports to the CHES Board of Directors through a Council liaison that is voted into the position by other members of the Council.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: APRIl 30, 2019
The Council is responsible for the following actions:
• Making recommendations to the CHES Board on ways and means to improve upon Corporate/Associate Membership programs;
• Making recommendations to the CHES Board on measures that could be taken to improve upon corporate/associate membership awareness;
• Making recommendations to the CHES Board on measures that can be taken to help with the retention, sustainability, and increase of the corporate/associate membership base;
• Providing guidance and feedback to the CHES Board on corporate/associate member fees;
• Determining ways and means that the CHES Board can offer additional, but optional, value-added services to the corporate/associate membership;
• Determining ways in which CHES Member Educational Programs can be enhanced through the sharing of corporate associate membership knowledge; and,
• Suggesting mechanisms through which the CHES Corporate/Associate Membership program can be effectively marketed.
The Corporate Member Advisory Council consists of 8 members, including:
• Chair of the Corporate Member Advisory Council, as voted upon by the Council members;
• Vice Chair of the Corporate Member Advisory Council, as voted upon by the Council members, who will assume the role of Chair after 2 years
• Six other Corporate/Associate Members as nominated, and voted in, by the CHES Corporate/Associate membership.
The CHES National President and the National Executive Director will be ex-officio, non-voting, members.
Terms of office for the council are as follows:
• Committee Members will be elected for a two year term, for a maximum of two terms.
• Committee Members who have served for two terms will be eligible for re-election after a one year hiatus, with the exception of those who have served as Vice Chair and Chair.
• The limit on the number of terms is held in abeyance when a member is voted in as Chair or Vice Chair in order to ensure succession planning and support.
• Committee Member terms will be staggered so that half of the membership of the Council is elected every year (ie three (3) members elected one year, and three (3) the next).
• Council members will vote on a Chair/Vice Chair from the existing Committee Members on every even year.
Frequency of Meetings:
• The Corporate/Associate Member Advisory Council will meet a minimum of four times per year.
• Meetings can be held by teleconference unless Corporate/Associate Member Advisory Council members are planning to attend an event such as the CHES Annual Conference, or the OHA Health Achieve Conference, where a face to face meeting could be arranged.
• Regular attendance at these meetings is considered a critical component to the success of the Council and members may attend in person or by electronic means, at the member’s option. Upon three consecutive absences without cause, the Council may at its’ discretion, require a member to resign from the Corporate/Associate Member Advisory Council.
The CHES National Executive thanks you for your time.
Canadian Healthcare Engineering Society